Sunday, July 17, 2011

Last minute family outings are probably the best

Saturday morning, when I woke up (Rod woke early and went for a drive and cup of coffee), Rod asked me if I wanted to go to Fort Stevens.  I thought it sounded like fun, so off we packed the kids and took off.  My gps is named "Google Maps" which has several unpleasant nicknames due to its propensity to send us the scenic route.  We learned about Whiskey Road and never did figure out how Del Laura Beach Road fit into the equation.


Finally we got there only to learn there was a "living event" that day.  In other words, there would be live people doing some sort of re-enactment.  It was WWII day. All in all, it was a good day.






No trip to the northern Oregon Coast is complete without a stop at Camp 18 for a meal.  You may not go there for the food, but you certainly stop for the atmosphere.





No comments:

Post a Comment