Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Just the Same Old

Did you ever go along feeling the same old way for so long that you forgot that you ever felt any other way?  Apparently I have been.  I've not felt alive or healthy or energetic or anything for so long. I've gone to doctors who've told me I'm not sick enough to treat--almost, but not quite.  So I've sucked it up. And sucked it up. And sucked it up. I've learned to make feeling like crap normal.  Is that wrong? I mean, I've tried and I can't get better. 

So, out of a vague memory of an herbal supplement from 20 years ago that helped me feel better than I'd felt in years (yeah, it's odd to say that when 20 years ago I was a 20-something wandering around feeling like crap all the time), I picked some up again. I've been on it for 4 or 5 days. And I'm going to say that the strangest thing is happening. I've been able to function without a nap for 2 days. Now, you may not think that's much, but to me it's huge.  You may say, "It's only 4 or 5 days so you can't know for sure." Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up; but I'm hopeful. I'm hopeful because I woke up on time feeling like I'd slept last night. I'm hopeful because I did multiple errands without any dread. I'm hopeful because I still felt like I had life left in me after the errands and I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. And I swept floors and did laundry and dishes. And I cleaned my bathroom. And it's almost 9:30 pm and I'm doing okay. I'm tired but not the usual exhausted. Just tired. 

So, maybe I can learn to have a new normal where I can think clearly and process things that need to be done and then be able to accomplish those things.  If things are still chugging along nicely in a week, I'll spill the beans on the supplement.


No comments:

Post a Comment