Friday, May 8, 2015

People watching

I  am an introvert. This means that I like to be without people. No one should be offended by this. It's nothing personal. So, when I take Rebecca to tae kwon do, I sit out in the van where I can be unmolested. Think about it, I homeschool five children. I have two large dogs. I don't get much time alone.

Tonight, as I sat out reading The Innocents Abroad, I happened to glance up.

I saw a slight, black man with both ears pierced. He was, perhaps,, the dapperest man I've seen in real life. Oh, he was not Hercule Poirot dapper; no, he was his own sort.

He was in his early to mid-50's. He wore dark jeans, a nice button down blue shirt, and a chipper sort of tie. He carried papers in his back pocket. In his hands he carried a plastic grocery sack of goods, two Slurpees, and black cane lovely in its simplicity. His smallish hands were bedecked with rings. 

He wore a pair of cowboy boots which gave him a sprightly walk so that I wondered at the cane.

Other than what I saw, I can say nothing about the man. I can only say he amused enough to write of him. I believe he might make a good character in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment