Friday, February 17, 2017

Death's door and the quilt

I've been ill. I've been at death's door since the Friday before Hannah left. That's long enough. Yesterday I didn't have to be anywhere so I declared it "sleep whenever I want to sleep" day. It helped. I woke up with enough energy this morning to make breakfast. I had enough energy left over that I even ate it. It wasn't all that tasty, but it was food. 

Now, I have to make up for 2 lost weeks. That means time to wash the bedding. I should mention that Rod was down for 4.5 days with the virus. He dragged himself out of bed this morning. That means time to wash all the bedding. Sheets done. Blanket done. Quilt--

Well, the quilt is another story. I got it through the wash no problem. So drying is actually the other story. Every 30 minutes for the next 2 days, I have to get into the dryer, unroll the quilt taquito, and dry it some more. 

But I lose patience too quickly. And also I need to get my pillows washed. The sickness must go. So, after an hour and a half in the dryer, I simply unroll it onto the bed. Still quite damp in some areas. Maybe it will dry faster that way. 

In the meantime, I'll be napping on the sofa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment