Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nice little updates

Well, it appears that we finally have the results of Michael's black belt test.  He failed two areas of the test.  Normally if one fails two areas, he must retake the test at a later date.  If he fails one area of the test, it is called a conditional pass and you must complete that area successfully before you get your belt.  However, in Michael's case it is being called conditional pass.  He will have to redo forms and board breaks in June at the next test.  I guess that's okay. 


My dishwasher arrived, but they wouldn't install it because the shut off valve leaks.  Of course, at halfway closed, it streams water.  If they had closed it all the way, they would have seen two drips a minutes and I'm pretty sure they could have worked with that.  I have to call and have them come out again.  I think the issue may have been that it was Friday and they wanted an early day.  Anyway, my dishwasher is now sitting in my garage where it won't be manhandled while we wait for installation.


My toaster died.  It was a nice 4 slice Krups and it lasted about 5 years.  You have to understand that appliances around here get heavy use.  Dishwashers only live out half their expected lifetime.  When another family  might get a toaster that lasts through the children and then some, ours gets used every day, several times a day.  We don't fix minor appliances.  The dishwasher is the only major appliance we don't fix.  Rod has fixed my dryer.  He's fixed my washing machine until he can't fix it anymore.  But for some reason, we don't mess with the dishwashers.

No comments:

Post a Comment