Thursday, March 31, 2011

Local happenings

Two weeks ago (about) Michael had the privilege of testing for his black belt, first Dan.  It takes about two weeks for the results.  The results are in and...we still don't know whether he passed or failed because his name is listed in both columns.  We hope to know by tomorrow night what the deal is with that.




Rod is travelling abroad for work again.  The climate is warm and sunny for him.  As long as he keeps away from public crowded places, he will probably be safe.  His luggage was waylaid in Toronto, and then again in Tel Aviv.  He was in Ashkelon for 5 days before he got it.


This is a view of the Mediterranean from Tel Aviv.  Incredible, isn't it?


We have been down with various illnesses for most of the past three weeks.  It hasn't been a lot of fun here.  Someone coughing, someone puking, someone just not feeling up to par has been our order.


Tomorrow, my new dishwasher will arrive.  I've been without for about 5 months now.  I assure you that I will be grateful for this piece of machinery.  


These may seem like such small things, but I need to describe it like this: God has chosen to define my life as wife and mother. My family is my world.  I want nothing else; I need nothing else but those things which help me in these roles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment