Monday, March 28, 2011

Sometimes, I'm just on the verge

Sometimes, the urge to write becomes unbelievably strong.  I know that there is an earth-shattering subject close at hand--just on the tip of my brain.  I have that feeling tonight, but I cannot quite get to it.  My heart is full of rejoicing, so I could cheat and copy one of the Psalms.  I could write my own poem.  The problem is that I am not quite certain of the source of this joy.


I take that back.  I do know the source of this joy.  It is Christ.  It is the greatness of HIM who loves me beyond  anything that I deserve.  When I see HIM answer prayers just because HE can and I know that it isn't because I deserve it--but because HE loves to do great things--I am amazed.  When I know that all of my moments are securely in HIS hands, I am at peace.


When my heart is overwhelmed and I cannot look up to HIS face, HE comes and lifts my head for me.  


I have a God who is for me all that I cannot be.  Where are the words to express all of that?  I'm sure they do not exist in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment