Friday, March 25, 2011

The oddest discovery

I discovered last night that cabbage seems to have some very powerful medicinal uses.  I am sensitive to wheat, but can tolerate it now.  Sometimes I over do it and my respiratory system is affected.  My sinus get inflamed and occasionally my soft palate swells.  I typically take Benadryl but now, I believe I have found a new remedy. 


Last night I ate some leaves of raw cabbage.  About an hour later, I noticed that my sinuses felt more open.  When I got home from church I did some searching on cabbage and found that it seems to have anti-inflammatory properties.


This morning, I tried again.  I had toast for breakfast.  I had enough to cause the swelling.  I ate a few cabbage leaves and once again, the swelling is gone.  If I can take care of the swelling with a natural food and avoid the Benadryl, I'm very happy with that.  I don't really have the time to hit the drowsy period always brought on by the Benadryl.


You can read about cabbage here.

This doesn't mean I'm going to start eating wheat just because I can eat cabbage.  It just means that I'm going to start experimenting with what cabbage can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment