Monday, March 12, 2012

Another hunt

We are on a house hunt.  We need some acreage for the dogs.  Lugnut is simply not a people person.  He needs some distance from the neighbors.  We've tried rehabilitation, but when he seems to be making great strides, he suddenly takes a huge scary leap backwards.

I want a laundry room.  A real laundry room with space in it to work.  Yes.  That'd be lovely.  I also want a real mud room where the dogs can sleep away from my washer and dryer.  I want a kitchen that is appropriate for dealing with meals with a large family and I'd like it to open into the dining room so that I can stage what's going on and monitor progress.

We want an extra bedroom so that we can split the girls up and maybe they can keep their bedrooms neater.  Or at least we would know who the real slob is.

We have looked at several homes.  Most of them have been serious disappointments.  One of them we all loved, but they got an offer on it.  So, we wait.  And we keep looking.  Somewhere out there is the place where we can finish raising our children.

And have chickens.  And maybe a couple of goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment