Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring!

I think we had an extremely wet winter.  I think March was incredibly wet.  The snow that fell the first day of spring was disheartening.  We'd wanted that snow in February when life was dragging and in need of a change.  

But now it's April.  We had an Easter weekend full of sunshine.  The sun was delectable and we ate it up.  Then the rain came back to us. 

If you knew how utterly weary I was of the rain and cold you'd understand the depths of my despair when the drops began to fall.
Then, I took a deep breath and smelled it.  I smelled Spring.  There is a beautiful difference in the smell of Spring rain.  It's refreshing.  The winter rains drag on and have nothing special to commend them.  The spring rain smells like life.

No comments:

Post a Comment