Thursday, August 20, 2015

Because it was there

I sometimes look at the titles I choose to read and question my sanity. Then, in a moment of clarity, I realize that books are meant to be read. If I don't read them, maybe no one will. I shall consider myself the Pitier of Lonely Books.

I sometimes think that I will be judged a book snob. Then, in a moment of clarity, I realize that I don't read for anyone but myself. 

If you were to ask me why I chose to read some dusty old thing long forgotten, I suppose that in most cases my only answer could be, "Because it was there."

Well, there is a feeling that comes over me when I touch one of those long-forgotten tomes but any attempt to describe the feeling would be lost on the average reader. (Not that I am above average, no. I just read differently from most people I know.)  There is also a feeling that overtakes me when I touch the cover of some old book. Yes, I will raise my hand here and admit that I read Lucile and I would likely read it again.

So, if you find me reading something weird or unique, just remember that more than likely it was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment