Monday, August 30, 2010

Joy in the middle

So, somewhere in the middle of trying to deal with the flood of emotion mentioned in the previous post, there is still much joy and fun.

Tabitha and Becca are starting piano lessons up again for the school year.  Mike enjoys piano, but not enough to think about practicing during the summer months.  Hannah has made no equivocations about how much she hates piano.  (Though part of it, I think, is that Tabitha is so good that Hannah feels it's a competition and isn't enjoying it.)  She would like to try another instrument, though.

Rod had Mike fix my van today.  A bit of my blower fan went out, and Rod put Mike to work fixing it.

The crazy, spoiled, Velcro roadblock we call Sammy is becoming more at ease around here.  She now is frequently found on the sofa when she thinks we won't find out.  She whines more than Sarah does, though, and that's going to have to end.  Oh my.

I am ready for school to start back up, but we won't be starting until next week.  I have everything I need now, and I think the kids will have plenty of good things to keep their interest.

1 comment:

  1. I love how God gives us joy just when we need it! Praying for ya! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete