Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yes, I'm behind on the thanks

The headache and stuffiness have just gotten to me and I've been incredibly worn out from it.  Added to that is the sheer business of the last few days.

But, some thanks--I am thankful for my overall good health. My friend T. and I have been helping a disabled couple (she more than I) and life is a struggle for them.  I need to be thankful that I and my family are healthy.

I am thankful that the snow we got was only minor.  

I am thankful for my oven--especially since I am cooking a turkey for church tonight.  My old oven never did cook a turkey well.  Lousy.  Well, it never fully cooked turkey.  But my new one seems to be doing just fine.   You cannot imagine how nervous I am about doing this considering the disasters I have had in the past.

Now, a story.  

We have two pups. One pup is waiting to go home still.  She has just a few days with us left.  She is truly a princess and we think that her new owners should name her Cinderella or Belle or Jasmine or Ariel.  She prances.  She doesn't dirty her feet or stoop to going outside for longer than necessary.  She would prefer being held over walking.  Oh, they are going to have fun.

Lugnut.  Yes, what a dog.  He's a character to say the least.  Sammy came to my door and whined at me until I got up to see what she needed.  Lugnut was happily emptying Mike's trash.  Good girl, Sammy. You tell on that pup!  He is going to be quite a dog.  I can see many hours of laughs because of him; I can also see many years of tears.  We have already had him x-rayed to find out what he was choking on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment