Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Thanksgiving challenge

While I didn't manage to post my thanks every day, I do have much to be thankful for.  The illness I'm fighting just keeps lingering, and the exhaustion has been mounting along with it.  Today, I do believe I will be able to rest a bit.  

As I have mentioned before (before I migrated to blogspot), we have been having relatively small Christmases here.  This has created a lot less tension and post-gift grumping.  This year we have a nice gift for the family and then a couple of small gifts for each child.  It is Becca's turn to buy gifts for her siblings and we are going to do this tomorrow.  I also will be getting Tabitha's last gift.  

The purpose of Christmas is to remember the beginning of Christ's sacrifice for us.  We give gifts to celebrate the greatest gift, God's love and forgiveness of our sins through His Son, Jesus Christ.  The purpose is not to try to outdo our friends or neighbors in giving the best gift.  It is not a competition.  The purpose is not to get the best bargains on extravagance on Black Friday.

I wish you all the joy that is in Christ alone through this Christmas season.

1 comment: