Tuesday, January 19, 2016

And the sign flashed out its warning...

The neon signs flashed their messages relentlessly through the pouring rain.  "Nails & Waxing" and "OPEN" beckoned her. There would be a phone there, she thought. Only, who would she call? Who would help her? In her moment of hesitation, the signs went dark. Her chance to do something different gone with the lights.

I guess that I need to carry a small notebook with me for these stupid little things that introduce themselves into my brain at odd moments.  Last night, Sarah and I sat in the van waiting for Rebecca to finish taekwondo.  The rain was dumping and Sarah mentioned that the signs were obnoxious. I looked up and watched them for a few moments.  They seemed to speak something else to me. I fished around my purse for paper and pen. The only paper to be found was a folded receipt. 

Does this moment qualify me for "writer"? No, I think I'm merely a dabbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment