Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Little Rant

Facebook is a great place. It's especially great if you are an introvert which is a whole other can of worms.

It's great that I can watch your kids grow up no matter how far you live from me. It's great that I can share your happy moments and your sad ones as if I were there.  

It's not great when you are the sort of person who only puts a vague statement about something and people have to draw it out of you.  Seriously.

"OH! My heart hurts!" What?? Are you having a heart attack? Call 911! Don't tell facebook. Well, never mind, your cat got hit by a car we find out 2 hours later. 


"I can finally breathe." Were you having an asthma attack? I just checked your last 5 days of posts and I have no indication otherwise.  What? Never mind, your car passed DEQ inspections.

This sort of adrenaline rush isn't good for anyone.  Just say what you need to say.  I have no idea whether your drama is drama worthy unless you just tell me because I don't have time to waste begging you spell it out.

Did a runaway bus load of children run over your dog and then careen down an embankment where they all died?  Or did you simply have a flat tire?  


We need conversations that go like this:
"My grandpa died."
"Oh? When was this? I had no idea. He was a really fun guy."
"Last week, I posted it on facebook."
"You did?"
"Yeah. I said my heart hurt."
"Oh. Well, you didn't say why it hurt so I just assumed you were having a heart attack. My dog was barking at the neighbors though, so I had to run out and get him in before the other neighbor called the sheriff again. Maybe next time you should just say what happened so I know it's important that I get back with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment